[Wine]Re: Newbie: Running an application within wine (installed fine)

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Feb 6 10:48:25 CST 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:04:10 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Um, this is bad, no?

Wine does not currently support the Armadillo copy protection system,
sorry.

> Have any other programs that have done this before
> been broken of this habit?

No.

> How is this to be handled?

We (the Wine developer team) need to get my SetThreadContext patch merged.
That means convincing Alexandre that there are no race conditions in the
patch. For now you can apply this to your local Wine copy and see if it
gets any further (but I seem to remember that it hits another problem
later):

http://navi.cx/svn/misc/trunk/winekb/patches/thread-context.patch

thanks -mike