[Wine]Problems starting Wavelab

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Mon Feb 7 05:36:55 CST 2005

hi

i've been running steinberg's wavelab 5 under wine20041201, but recently
i upgraded to wine20050111 - and wavelab was the only app i was using
that didn't work ...

so i downgraded back to 20041201 - and it won't work :(

i had compiled the 2005 release from source (and was able to see, for
the first time, wine's jack audio driver work ... well, *try* to work),
but have always used the fedora core 2 rpms for the 20041201 release.
all my other wine apps still work as per usual, except for wavelab,
which doesn't even work after a re-install ...

anyway, here's the output from a command-line start (btw - i've also
tried starting wavelab from its own directory):

> [mrmachine at localhost mrmachine]$ wine ./wine/drive_c/Program\
> Files/Steinberg/WaveLab/WaveLab.exe
> err:midi:MIDI_AlsaToWindowsDeviceType Cannot determine the type of
> this midi device. Assuming FM Synth
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
>   Serial number of failed request:  58

any help would be appreciated.

shayne o'connor