[Wine]Winetools not working on my desktop

Sean Funk sfunk1x at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:48:53 CST 2005

So, I installed Wine 20050111 and Winetools 2.1 on my desktop which is
a P4 HT 3.4ghz ICH6 chipset based box. Redhat seems to function just
fine on it, and I'm running the latest stable SMP Kernel.

My problem is included in the following test. When I launch WineTools,
it starts complaining about not being able to create directories and
the such, but I'm running this as root (I can hear the groans now, but
really, this machine doesn't normally have itnernet connectivity, it's
just a play machine right now while it doesn't have windows on it) so
there shouldn't be any permissions problems, right?

Included is the text of the beginning error messages. The list gets
quite longer when you try to create a crive and what not, it's
actually just the same error messages over and over really ecause it
can't create directories, can't find them, etc.

ls: /home/sfunk1x/.wine/dosdevices/: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/home/sfunk1x/.wine/dosdevices/f:': No such file or directory
no wine directory found... trying to create one
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'...
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x1034ef50
wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'.
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-Njouhf/system.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-Njouhf/userdef.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-Njouhf/user.reg : No such file or directory
Wine wine: creating configuration directory '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'...
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x1034ef50
wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'.
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-mkrP75/system.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-mkrP75/userdef.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-mkrP75/user.reg : No such file or directory
wine: creating configuration directory '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'...
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
addr 0x1028df50
wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'.
no fake drive C: found!
wine is executed as "setarch i386 wine"
Parameters are ""
/usr/local/bin/wt: line 1667: [: too many arguments
Version of Wine is OK.
Calls to wine are executed as "setarch i386 wine".
Config is /home/sfunk1x/.wine/winetools.log.
CDROM is .
cat: /usr/local/winetools/README.wine:: No such file or directory
cat: creating: No such file or directory
cat: configuration: No such file or directory
cat: directory: No such file or directory
cat: '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'...: No such file or directory
cat: wine:: No such file or directory
cat: Unhandled: No such file or directory
cat: exception: No such file or directory
cat: (thread: No such file or directory
cat: 0009),: No such file or directory
cat: starting: No such file or directory
cat: debugger...: No such file or directory
cat: err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling: No such file or directory
cat: Unhandled: No such file or directory
cat: exception: No such file or directory
cat: code: No such file or directory
cat: c0000005: No such file or directory
cat: flags: No such file or directory
cat: 0: No such file or directory
cat: addr: No such file or directory
cat: 0x1034ef50: No such file or directory
cat: wine:: No such file or directory
cat: wineprefixcreate: No such file or directory
cat: failed: No such file or directory
cat: while: No such file or directory
cat: creating: No such file or directory
cat: '/home/sfunk1x/.wine'.: No such file or directory
cat: wineserver:: No such file or directory
cat: could: No such file or directory
cat: not: No such file or directory
cat: save: No such file or directory
cat: registry: No such file or directory
cat: branch: No such file or directory
cat: to: No such file or directory
cat: /home/sfunk1x/.wine-mkrP75/system.reg: No such file or directory
cat: :: No such file or directory
cat: No: No such file or directory
cat: such: No such file or directory
cat: file: No such file or directory
cat: or: No such file or directory
cat: directory: No such file or directory
cat: wineserver:: No such file or directory
cat: could: No such file or directory
cat: not: No such file or directory
cat: save: No such file or directory
cat: registry: No such file or directory
cat: branch: No such file or directory
cat: to: No such file or directory
cat: /home/sfunk1x/.wine-mkrP75/userdef.reg: No such file or directory
cat: :: No such file or directory
cat: No: No such file or directory
cat: such: No such file or directory
cat: file: No such file or directory
cat: or: No such file or directory
cat: directory: No such file or directory
cat: wineserver:: No such file or directory
cat: could: No such file or directory
cat: not: No such file or directory
cat: save: No such file or directory
cat: registry: No such file or directory
cat: branch: No such file or directory
cat: to: No such file or directory
cat: /home/sfunk1x/.wine-mkrP75/user.reg: No such file or directory
cat: :: No such file or directory
cat: No: No such file or directory
cat: such: No such file or directory
cat: file: No such file or directory
cat: or: No such file or directory
cat: directory: No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-fFyVFe/system.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-fFyVFe/userdef.reg : No such file or directory
wineserver: could not save registry branch to
/home/sfunk1x/.wine-fFyVFe/user.reg : No such file or directory

Any help on this is appreciated. I won't be at the computer while I'm
at work but I'll try the suggestions when I get home.

Thanks in advance!