[Wine]Invisible Menu Items in Wavelab [was: Problems starting Wavelab]

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Tue Feb 8 15:10:52 CST 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:08:05 +1100, Shayne O'Connor
><forums at machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:
>

>>and, i suspect, they will remain problems ... i also brought this up
>>previously, without a response :(
>>
>>does anyone at least have a *tiny* idea of where the problem might lie?
>>does this happen in any other apps?
>>
>>shayne
>>

>Shayne,
>   IIRC there were some guesses here that it might be a library (or
>dll) possibly called quartz? I think I was supposed to go get a copy
>of that  but I don't remember if I did. Here's a link:
>
>http://www.dll-files.com/search.php?s=quartz
>
>It's part of direct show so it may help. Not sure.

hi mark, thanx for the info .... however, the quartz.dll didn't seem to
help :(

>   Searching on my XP Pro box there is a copy in system32 so it you
>were to try putting it there then it might be interesting to see what
>it does.

i also put it in the /system/ folder - that is where the included .nfo
file suggests to put it ...

>   I think a better answer is when you figure out how to use this dll
>for ONLY wavelab using builtin vs. native but I'm not sure how to set
>that up. If you try this for wavelab only and it works then we could
>ask about how to do it in a more general way.

i haven't quite achieved this level of knowledge yet with wine either
... i guess if i'm to figure this out, i better start looking into stuff
like .dll overrides etc ...

>   Now, if it's not quartz.dll then you have to run the wine debugger
>to figure out what's being called when the menu is drawn incorrectly.
>I tried that and didn't get anywhere.

i'll give this a shot - i haven't been able to find a good debugging
how-to for wine ... any suggestions?

>So much for being an electrical
>engineer in a programmer's world.

yeah - me: "must become more computer-like" :)

shayne