[Wine]msaccess odbc driver not working

Rob van Dam r_vandam at hotpop.com
Fri Feb 11 04:38:12 CST 2005

I have problems import ms access 2000 data into Word 2000. The error is:
DDE connection failed.

Browsing the internet I found out that ms access uses ODBC for this (am
I correct?).

I have installed MDAC_TYP.EXE like in the Winehq documentation.

I think that the msaccess driver doesn't work o.k.

To reproduce:    Run wine c:\windows\system\ODBCAD32.EXE
                            --> in user DSN click on msaccess database
configure
                            --> click on select database
                            --> in the field database name only the
character "c" is displayed (in windows this is "*.mdb")
                            --> in the field list files of type I can
only choose  between  c and  A
                            --> no matter which database I choose I
always get the error "invalid directory or file path"
                            --> in the field database only a range of
squares in shown

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Rob