[Wine]ANSI terminal emulation re:Was WineTools problems

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Feb 11 11:33:12 CST 2005

Am Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 09:20:13AM -0800 schrieb sean funk:
> Joachim von Thadden wrote:
>
> >OK, I made some tests. For installing and running IE you have to change
> >in the /usr/local/winetools/config.new the line
> >"*pstores.exe" = "builtin"
> >;"*pstores.exe" = "builtin"
> >
> >and you have to copy /usr/local/winetools/config.new to
> >/usr/local/winetools/config.ie6. Then you should be able to install and
> >run IE6. To run outlook you have to remove the Splash Screen Killer.
> >This has the drawback that you might not see everything in outlook
> >because of the splash screen, but with the 20050111 the Killer breaks
> >outlook. Don't know why.
> >
> >Can you test with these settings again?
>
> Indeed I have. OE does "function" initially, it takes a very long time
> to startup, and functionality is limited. I use OE to check hotmail, and
> while I was able to enter in my account information it was never able to
> connect to the internet and download the mail. IE6, however, functions

Hmm, I tried this and found out that Outlook Express never worked
correctly with WineTools. I never tried, because this is the most
crappy software of the whole M$ suite. You should consider using a
different mail client if it is just for getting mail from hotmail.
There are about 50 for Linux? And you can also use Eudora, The Bat! or
one of the other Windows mailer with Wine.

> almost flawlessly (except for the fact I was going to use it for
> Turbotax' website, but then it required Adobe Acrobat 6, and after that
> installed semi-flawlessly, things didn't work right). Long story short

Yes, Acrobat 6 is not working with Wine 20050111, but it works with
20041019, so use this one. There are other drawbacks with 20050111 like:

- MS Access hangs very frequently
- the Outlook splash screen is in the way and
  can not be removed by SplashScreenKiller
- Outlook crashes when opening mails with
  attachments

I think I have to recommend 20041019 which is the stablest release for
me until now.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"