[Wine]Problem with d/loading Wine using Synaptic

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 12 12:47:00 CST 2005

Hi all -

  I'm a first-timer here, and have been trying to install Wine from the
new "Wine for Debian users" site (I'm using Mepis Linux which is
Debian-based).  I'm wanting to install the latest version (20050111-1),
and have used the "force version" option in Synaptic to do this.
  I've tried this several times,  but each time I get a "connection
reset by peer" error, so the download doesn't complete.  The latest time
I tried to download (just a few minutes ago), I got the message "error
reading from server - remote end closed connection" .
  So - has anyone managed to successfully install Wine from the above
site?  I'm in New Zealand, so I guess it's possible that I'm trying to
download while the site is down for maintenance or whatever.  Anyway,
I've been very unsuccessful so far ... :-(
  Oh - and does anyone know of any other sites (other than wine.sf.net)
which have the latest verison of Wine in .deb format? I might have more
luck with another site ...
  Any help or tips very much appreciated!  Very many thanks in advance -
 - Andy