[Wine]Too small font in applications - WINE 20050211 (Mandrake RPM)

Brouard Nicolas nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr
Wed Feb 16 03:14:36 CST 2005

>Hello,
>
>	when i run any application in wine (including for example regedit),
>font is TOO small, sometimes even unreadable. Changing
>parameters like Resolution (or LogPixels registry entry) or default
>fonts ("Default", "Defaultfixed", etc..., Alias0 = System, ....)
>*****************HAS NO EFFECT!********************
>xfontsel tool shows, that all fonts mentioned in config file are
>installed. No error message from wine....... Any HINT, please?
>
>						Thanks

I think that rpm built by Mandrake (official or cooker) are outdated in
the sense that they still define devices in the config).

Mandrake rpm from wine-hq are OK.
But to answer the fonts question, I suggest (if you are a newbie like
me) to use winetools and to step through Base setup (Create a fake
windows, TrueType Arial, DCOM98, IE6 SP1) and Install Microsoft True
Type Fonts. Then you will have minimal system and fonts installed.
Also, use wine 20041019, later versions seem too buggy for many people.
Unfortunately, the former rpms are no more on wine-hq download area but
you can find them through rpm-find.
Search wine-20041019-mdk.i586.rpm on Google.

Nicolas

--
Brouard Nicolas <nicolas.brouard at libertysurf.fr>