[Wine]Outlook with Winetools and 20041019

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Feb 18 10:27:27 CST 2005

Am Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:47:37AM +0100 schrieb Brouard Nicolas:
> On
> http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2005/02/0013.html
> Joachim wrote:
> > This is how it works here:
> > - use Wine 20041019
> > - use WineTools and go through the whole "Base setup"
> > - install MS Installer from the "Windows system software" menu
> > - install Office 2000 with this setup via WineTools
> > - have fun with Outlook
> >
> > Regards
> > 	Joachim
>
> I can confirm that with later versions of Wine, Outlook (not OE) did not
> install.

I can *not* confirm that. I could install Office 2000 with Outlook with
WineTools with every version of Wine since 200409xx and never had
problems.

> But even with 20041019, Outlook doesn't completely work. The menus are
> playing well but only on the main window, File, Print etc.. If I edit a
> contact, the menus are no more working (I can't print this contact, I
> can't save the modified contact, etc.).

I can *not* confirm that also! I just tried it with the WineTools
installation using Wine 20041019 and exactly the process you describing
works very well. I must admit that it crashes often. Did you try to get
to the menus via the shortcuts (e.g. ALT+F for the File menu)?

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"