[Wine]sound error with Freddy Fish

creighto at spunge.org creighto at spunge.org
Sat Feb 19 21:48:57 CST 2005

I'm sure that this has been asked and answered already, but I can't find it.
I have been able to get wine to run Freddi Fish 3 for my daughter but
after starting up, showing the splash screen and starting the game, the
game dies with the error... "Cannot get the sound card driver to accept
the sound clip"  or something along those lines.  The strange thing is
that it has been playing the sound fine for about 5 seconds before this.
It always fails at exactly the same point.

Can someone point me to a fix?  Or is this something unrepairable with
Humoungous Games?  I us Slackware 9.2,X v4.4.x, and the i810_audio mod.

Thanks,
Creighton