[Wine]H&R Block Tax cut with wine

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 21 22:05:30 CST 2005

 --- RLLOYDNAVE123 at wmconnect.com a écrit :
> I purchased H&R Block Tax cut Deluxe to do my 2004 taxes.
>
> I decided to give The Feb 2005 version of Wine under Fedora 1 a try
> before rebooting my machine to Windows and actually starting to work on my
> taxes.
>
> Wine seemed to install Tax Cut with out any problems.
>
> However, when I tried to start Tax Cut 2004  , it complained that Mozilla did
> not have an
> active X Browser and offered to go on line and get one.

Tax Cut could only want to install the Mozilla ActiveX Control to gain the ability
to display its html data in embedded forms.
(Some reports and statements applications like Intuit Quicken already make use of it)

Since it runs ok in Wine, you could try to install it by yourself.
Its downloadable from http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm

=====
Usurp (aka Sylvain Petreolle)
humans are like computers,