[Wine]Can't get wine to work on amd64

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue Feb 22 04:02:39 CST 2005

Am Di, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:25:10 -0500 schrieb ben:
> architecture and it will work. Well I downloaded
> "wine-20050111-1fc3winehq.i386.rpm" and installed it and when I run
> wine as a regular user, I get this error message:
>
> bash-2.05b$ wine
> wine: creating configuration directory '/home/webster/.wine'...
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0
> addr 0x55cdff50
> wine: wineprefixcreate failed while creating '/home/webster/.wine'.

This is a well known problem with 2005 versions of Wine. Do the
following:

rm -Rf ~/.wine
mkdir ~/.wine
cd ~/.wine
wget http://ds80-237-203-29.dedicated.hosteurope.de/wt/config.empty
mv config.empty config
cd ~
wine

In short, you install my WineTools empty config and run Wine to create
the right links and registry in .wine. After that you might use my
config for running programs, that you can download at the WineTools
site: http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"