[Wine]Re: Can't get wine to work on amd64

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Wed Feb 23 01:32:57 CST 2005

Joachim von Thadden wrote:

> This is a well known problem with 2005 versions of Wine. Do the
> following:
>
> rm -Rf ~/.wine
> mkdir ~/.wine
> cd ~/.wine
> wget http://ds80-237-203-29.dedicated.hosteurope.de/wt/config.empty
> mv config.empty config
> cd ~
> wine

I did and here is the result:

gour at gaura-nitai ~ $ wine
Converted temp dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "TEMP" = L"t:\\"
Converted path dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "PATH" = L"c:\\windows;c
\\windows\\system"
Converted profile dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "USERPROFILE" = L"c
\\windows\\Profiles\\Administrator"
Converted windows dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "windir" = L"c
\\windows"
Converted system dir to new entry HKCU\Environment "winsysdir" = L"c
\\windows\\system"
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not
accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
'/home/gour', starting in the Windows directory.
Wine 20050211
Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
       wine --help                   Display this help and exit
       wine --version                Output version information and exit

However attempt to run some program results in:

gour at gaura-nitai ~/mydata/hora $ wine jhora_l.exe
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not
accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
'/home/gour/mydata/hora', starting in the Windows directory.
wine: cannot open (null)

> In short, you install my WineTools empty config and run Wine to create
> the right links and registry in .wine. After that you might use my
> config for running programs, that you can download at the WineTools
> site: http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/

Getting WineTools to run would be a great benefit (for me) 'cause I need IE6
to test some web site, but running wt2 complains:

gour at gaura-nitai ~/mydata/hora $ wt2
FATAL! You don't have gettext.sh on your system.

Any idea?

--

Registered Linux User | #278493
GPG Public Key  | 8C44EDCD