[Wine]Registry entry for .NET?

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 11:11:47 CST 2005

Hi Holly,

My guess is that adding a non-windows path (aka
unix/linux path) to the registry won't work.  I
believe the registry's view only extends to the "fake
windows" drive; i.e. "c:\Program Files\" and not
something like "/opt/"

However, when you find the Mono root, you *may* want
to try creating a softlink from within the
fake_windows drive to the unix/ linux path.

ln -s /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc
/home/holly/.wine/drive_c/windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/
(assuming that's where it resides)

It's a longshot, but who knows! :)

Hiji

(http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/other/data/1076838606000.shtml