[Wine]Re: Re: Problems with Diablo II: Can install, but not play

Adam Aube aaube01 at baker.edu
Thu Feb 24 15:45:39 CST 2005

Holly Bostick wrote:
> Adam Aube wrote:
>> Jonathan Wilson wrote:

>>>Diablo II uses Securom copy protection.
>>>Unless something has changed recently, WINE does not support games with
>>>Securom copy protection (hence the suggestion to use a crack).

>> I will look into trying a crack to get the program to work. But I would
>> still prefer to find a solution that doesn't require a crack.

> Well, I'm sorry to say, but at the present time, the first and simplest
> "solution that doesn't require a crack" would be to boot into Windows
> and play it there.

> Alternatively, you might consider Cedega, which may support this
> protection scheme and would allow you to play the game without
> modification. However Cedega is not free (you must pay for it), and may
> furthermore not run the game itself (check their database to see if
> Diablo 2 is known to run/supported).

I am trying Cedega right now, and despite Diablo II being fully supported by
TransGaming, I can't get it to run under Cedega either. I've submitted a
support request, but haven't received a reply yet.

Interestingly enough, with Wine the Diablo II installer worked fine, but
with Cedega I had to make a few system tweaks to get it to work.

Adam