[Wine]Yahoo messenger not starting

paras chhabra paraschhabra at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:38:00 CST 2005

Hi Sylvain,
    I have the linux version of Yahoo and gaim as well installed on
linux. The facilities offered by windows version of the messenger are
better.  If that can work and I can get the sound working it would be
too good.
    Sound is another problem that I am facing. Mine is an intel 865
GBF motherboard with sound on board. A driver from ALSA has been
installed to get the sound working on Linux. But sound doesnt work on
Wine.
     That brings me to a more basic question. Does sound work on wine?
What are the requirements?
Thanks,
Paras