[Wine]Installation issue?

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Fri Feb 25 16:50:10 CST 2005

>Are you able to get Turbo Tax working?  I might try that myself if it runs
>OK in wine.

BUT; what about that scam^h^h^h^hscheme that TT was using a couple years
ago where their copy-protection system was writing to your drive's boot
sector?  I wouldn't trust it on a system where it wasn't isolated onto a
virtual disk image file (like a VMware or Qemu image).

I think TaxCut will work.  I know TaxAct won't even *install* under later
Wine versions (it used to at least install, but couldn't load it's default
data file at startup)