[Wine]WineTools 2.0.8 released

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sat Jan 1 11:02:24 CST 2005

Am Fr, Dez 31, 2004 at 10:34:42 -0800 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> Happy New Year's Eve to you too? (Or are you very far east?)

City of Berlin. So for now and everybody: Happy New Year!

> OK, so I'm trying it out. In this account I have a Transgaming
> installation, but no Wine installation. (I.e. - no .wine directory) I
> start winetools in a terminal and see:

I have no installation of Transgamings Cedega so I never tested it. It
is likely to fail!

> [mark at Godzilla mark]$ wt
> ls: /home/mark/.wine/dosdevices/: No such file or directory
> Wine wine: creating configuration directory '/home/mark/.wine'...
> wine: '/home/mark/.wine' created successfully.
> 20041019
> /usr/local/bin/wt: line 24: cd: /home/mark/.wine/c/: No such file or directory
> wine is executed as "setarch i386 wine"
> Parameters are ""
> /usr/local/bin/wt: line 1445: [: too many arguments
> Version of Wine is OK.
> Calls to wine are executed as "setarch i386 wine".
> Config is /home/mark/.wine/winetools.log.
> CDROM is .

This looks good. wt starts Wine to find out it's version. As you did not
use it before for this user, Wine creates a .wine directory. The error
is not known by me and I can not find a reason but it might be because
of your setup.

> At this point I now have a .wine directory with reasonable files as
> contents. I have not looked into any of the files. The dos_devices
> directory shows c: And z: and I have the About WineTools page up. I
> say OK and get the intro box telling me to do Base Setup. I say OK and
> choose Base Setup. The first option is 'Create a fake Windows drive'.
> Not sure if I should choose this (don't I have one already?) but I do.

Yes, you have to do it first.

> I choose to remove existing Wine configuration. It does some work and
> comes back to me. Good so far. I now have lots of stuff under
> dos_devices.
>
> Ariel Font installed...
> DCOM98 installed...

OK!

> At this point I want to install IE6SP1. Is your download in German or English?

It's in German for now. If you want to have different version supported,
send me an email with name, version, language and exact download
location of the software. For now just download it on your own to your
*home* directory , start wt, select "Base setup", "IE6" and say "no" if
you are asked to use the default file. Point to the downloaded file and
say no to the question about mounting a CD. You should be able to
install IE6 SP1.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"