[Wine]dlls - still a newbie

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sat Jan 1 11:38:52 CST 2005

Am Sa, Jan 01, 2005 at 03:03:40 -0600 schrieb David L. Smith:
> By the way, I downloaded winetools, but I don't want to use any of the
> programs that it is supposed to set up. Neither do I know what that bit about
> the base directory means and see no reason for having one if I won't be using
> any of the other programs. Am I missing even more than I suspect?

Yes. There is a menu entry called "Base setup". You should definitely go
through this step. It installs DCOM98 and IE6 which both bring many DLLs
later needed for setup and other software. Also the config installed
during this process is a good start for all other attempts. After the
Base setup you might want to update the Windows Installer found in the
menu called "Install Windows system software". After that you can try to
install the software you want to use.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"