[Wine]dlls - still a newbie

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sun Jan 2 08:34:53 CST 2005

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:08:32 -0500, James E. LaBarre wrote:
> Maybe someday the Wine programmers will be able to craft a "dummy" MSIE
> module, which will forward it's web page needs to your own preferred
> browser.  I suspect it will have to be a seperate plug-in, as it would
> probably prevent you from installing a *real* MSIE if you still wanted to.

We already do. Many IE DLLs are cloned and the actual browser control will
download and install the Mozilla ActiveX control automatically these days
(I never actually tried it myself).

The need for IE is lessening all the time, it's just that IE is so huge
it's hard to notice because progress is slow.

thanks -mike