[Wine]WineTools 2.0.9 released

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue Jan 4 05:18:56 CST 2005

Am Mo, Jan 03, 2005 at 03:36:28 -0800 schrieb Mark Knecht:
>    On my system I get as far as the English installation of IE6. The
> installation progresses until the Windows Update Progress Bar is 47%
> complete. At that point it hasn't moved in the last 5 mnutes. In the
> terminal where I started winetools I see the following:

Interesting, interesting. I can not get the same results as you, so we
have to find out the differences between our installations.

Did you let WineTools download the right IE files? WineTools should give
you a dialog box if WineDbg was started and stayed for at least three
seconds. I wonder why this does not happen with your installation.

Also I never use self compiled versions of Wine. There are several
people out there who recommend that, but I never found it of any use. I
use apt-get with several repositories to stay up to date with my system
(Fedora Core 1).  For Wine I alway use the RPMs for my distribution from
winehq.

Anyway you can hit "q" and enter at the command line where WineDbg was
startet to continue. What happens? Oh and you should know that to
restart a failed IE6 setup is likely to fail. You might need to restart
with the whole "Base setup".

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"