[Wine]need help

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Tue Jan 4 10:27:12 CST 2005

Devi wrote:

> hi
> I am trying to install symbian in Redhat Linux machine.I am following the
> steps given in the link  http://gnupoc.sourceforge.net/HOWTO/ for Nokia
> 9210.i have win98 as dual os and configured wine as mentioned.
>

> while running helloworld example,helloworld.armi is having  a command like
>   wine -- $(EPOCROOT)/epoc32/tools/petran.exe
> $(EPOCBLDUREL)/HelloWorld.app $@ \
>                  -nocall -uid1 0x10000079 -uid2 0x100039ce -uid3 0x10008ab0
>         $(ERASE) $(EPOCBLDUREL)/HelloWorld.app
>
> it gave an error 'wine -- command not found'.so i changed the command to
>   wine  $(EPOCROOT)/epoc32/tools/petran.exe
> $(EPOCBLDUREL)/HelloWorld.app $@ \
>                  -nocall -uid1 0x10000079 -uid2 0x100039ce -uid3 0x10008ab0
>         $(ERASE) $(EPOCBLDUREL)/HelloWorld.app
>
> will it make any difference in the result.
>
> regards
> devi

Hi, Devi,

I don't know what your changed command will do, but what you have
changed is not what I would have changed, based on the error message,
which indicates that Linux does not know where the 'wine' executable is
(which could be due to a couple of reasons).

What I would do first is use the original command, but instead of
starting it with 'wine', I would start it with /path/to/wine --
$(whatever)/blah/blah.

I don't know how you installed Wine, but it does not seem to be in your
$PATH-- or at least the $PATH available to the user running the command.

HTH,
Holly