[Wine]Running DC++ 0.668 with wine-20041201

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Tue Jan 4 15:51:49 CST 2005

Charles N Wyble wrote:
> um. yes it will. not natively. but there are ways to access Linux from
> windows.
> http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

Yes, I'm familiar with Explore2fs-- I used to use it myself when I had
Windows on this box.

However, I'm not sure it's relevant in this case.

The OP wants to start a DC++ download in Linux and finish it in Windows.

So the question of whether you can look at the uncompleted files or
check the configuration using yet a third program seems irrelevant to
me, because the issue is whether DC++ itself can do the following:

1) see the configuration that tells it what downloads are in progress
and what their status is;

2) append/complete the partially downloaded files.

Which won't be possible from Windows if the originally started downloads
and the configuration/current status database are on a Linux file system
(which Windows can not natively read or write to, so DC++ Windows can't
read or write to them either).

Unless the Linux version is run from a FAT32 fs, or I'm totally wrong.

Right?

Holly