[Wine]Still Newbie: 16 bit application in wine?

Charles Stroom charles at stremen.xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 4 17:08:37 CST 2005

I have included the following statements in my config file:

[AppDefaults\\DWGBOARD.EXE\\x11drv]
"Windows" = "win31"
"Managed" = "N"
"DOS" = "6.20"
This gives the best results (at least, it does not freeze anymore).  I tried
some other win's and dosses.

When running "wine ....../DWGBOARD.EXE" is now tells:
"Cannot find or read *.FEB file [273]"
click ok
"Cannot find 'draft.fe'"
click ok
"Error readind startup file"
click ok
stuck

There exist a "DWGBOARD.FEB" file in the program directory, so I do not
understand why the program is unable to find the file (it has ugo read
permission).  I checked the original installation (Windows 2000 under vmware)
and there exist no other *.FEB file.

Ah well, I will continue to sniff around.  I got somewhat further. Many thanks
so far.  I start to have some hope to get rid of vmware.

Charles