[Wine]Program requires NVIDIA driver

Adam D adam_d35 at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 4 20:59:47 CST 2005

 --- Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:21:13 -0500

> By the way it doesn't matter what drivers you're
> using on Linux or FreeBSD. It's detecting the Wine
> X11 driver as that's the only one the app can see.
> thanks -mike

Hey Mike,
Thanks for your great input. You and Joachim have
clearly raised doubts about this driver business, and
it's really not worth it to keep tinkering with its
installation. Many programs have bugs and/or cannot be
installed under current wine version, and some of them
have strange error messages not always clear for the
user or the programmer. Even my own software, buggy
too, installed in wine gave me hard time, but thanks
to the list, I was able to run it. The good thing here
is that I wrote the code including a list of potential
error messages, easy to understand.
Thanks again for your help.
Adam