[Wine]Space Empires: Starfury problems

Adam Babcock adam at nemesys.ca
Wed Jan 5 15:12:47 CST 2005

Scott Ritchie wrote:
> Out of curiosity, have you read the "How to help get applications
> working" guide on the WineHQ website?  It's in the documentation
> section.  I just put it there recently, and would like some public
> comment.
>
> On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 17:21 -0500, Adam Babcock wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I am attempting to get this game running under wine, but have
>>encountered some difficulties. When I start the game, a blank window
>>pops up, then the startup window opens, and then it goes full screen,
>>even though I have it set in the wine config AppDefaults section to run
>>the game in managed desktop mode. In looking at the terminal ouput, I
>>see this:
>>
>>fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA no non-display devices supported.
>>fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA no detached secondary devices supported.
>>fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
>>(0x77c70c90)->(00010024,00000008)
>>

>>Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

I've read through all of the documentation. Your "How to help get
applications working" guide is nice, but not really useful. What would
be really nice is a guide that says step by step some tests to run to
help determine what to run. The wine documentation is good, but spread
all over the place.I have made some headway debugging this program, I
was at least able to get it to display the menus by using a windows
d3drm.dll, but still no luck getting it running.