[Wine]Has anybody tried to program MSP430 microcontrollers from TI?

Cedric cedric.dewijs at tiscali.nl
Thu Jan 6 11:38:05 CST 2005

Hi all,

I'm rappedly moving away from windows, but one of the last programs i need to
run in windows is 'IAR Embedded Workbench (Kickstart Version)'

I've tried to run it some time ago (i think about 2 months back) in wine, but
it didn't work so well back then. I haven't tried it with newer versions
since then.

I need that program so i can program my msp430 microcontroller. If anybody
knows a way to program / debug those in linux i would be very interested
indeed.

So therefore i wonder how many people have tried to run it also. Maybe
somebody even managed to get it running! (If so, Please tell me how :-)

The download link for anybody who wants to play with this:
http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/folders/print/iar-kickstart.html;jsessionid=JBFX5SKQP04Q1QC1JAKSM4Q
or
http://www-s.ti.com/sc/techzip/slac050.zip

Looking forward to read any reply:)