[Wine]many fixme errors

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Fri Jan 7 06:12:38 CST 2005

<bigsnip>

> When I start the actual program, it does nothing und exits right away
> with 3 error messages:
> wine .wine/c/Program\ Files/TTQV3/Ttqv3a.exe
> Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin .wine/c/Program Files/TTQV3/Ttqv3a.exe
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> fixme:ole:GetRecordInfoFromGuids
> (0x452df0,4,0,0,0x486654,0x96cff0),stub!
> fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
> Wine exited with a successful status
>
> I let it run with different WINEDEBUG=... but I can't figure out,
> what is wrong. I also tried dcom98.exe und vbrun60sp5.exe but couldn't
> see
> any improvement.
>
> What else could I try to get it to work?

I suggest installing dcom98. check your DLLOVERRIDES section in the config
file,  the dcom98 dlls should be used native (ole, ole32,oleaut32 and rpcrt4
as far as I know).
if you run your program with the debugchannel WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, you can
verify which dlls are used builtin and which native.

because installing dcom didn't change anything, I think that you only
installed it but wine still uses the builtin versions of the corresponding
dlls.

Regards,

Stefan