[Wine]Re: many fixme errors

Sabine Sagner-Weigl postit at weiglwelt.de
Fri Jan 7 08:09:43 CST 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:47:10 +0100, Sabine Sagner-Weigl wrote:
>> it would be very nice if a suitable config file could be included in the
>> binary package (and not only in the source package) as long as winecfg
>> doesn't create one. For now I use my old config file from the last Debian
>> version.
>
> You shouldn't need a config file very often in the newer versions. If you
> do it's probably for appdefaults etc which can be added to a brand new
> config file easily enough.

Hi!

I wanted to say that there is no config file at all included in the binary
package and I would think it a good idea if there would be one with some
basic (required) information in it. I think that is what a refer to as a
brand new config file.

Or did I miss something? Where can I get a brand new config file?
All I could find in the documentation was:
   If you just installed Wine for the first time and want to
   finish Wine installation by configuring it now, then you could
   use our sample configuration file config (which can be found
   in the directory documentation/samples/ of the Wine source
   code directory) as a base for adapting the Wine configuration
   file to the settings you want.

I have installed only the binary package (apt-get install wine). So I don't
have the soure code directories.
dpkg -L wine | grep config
finds nothing.