[Wine]Wine asks to set "HardwareAcceleration" = "Emulation" and it is already set.

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Jan 7 09:16:46 CST 2005

Am Do, Jan 06, 2005 at 01:34:09 -0800 schrieb Nick:
> Joachim,
>
> I actually created another shortcut to the Transgaming drive under
> .wine/dosdevices folder. Is it enough to make a drive visible? I also made
> sure that the cdrom location is visible under the same letter through
> another shortcut and I tried to make a new install under wine with the same
> result. Another application which is the Frontier First Encounters windows
> port does not require any installation and it fails with the same message.
> It seems that it is some kind of configuration issue on my end.

Yes, it is like you say. You can not just point to a directory and say
"run". You can not do that on Windows and you can not do that in Wine.
It's because you have to *install* applications and that means more than
copying files to a place on your hard disk. There are registry keys,
configurations files and so on, all relative to your installation and
for sure, regarding the registry, on a special place.

Do yourself a favour and install the games with plain Wine again if you
want to have success. You approach is much to hard to simulate and have
so many side effects that results are not predictable.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"