[Wine]WineTools 2.0.9 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:23:49 CST 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:43:35 +0100, Tobias Neumann
<tobias.neumann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 08:37:04 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> > Humm...OK, I know I'm not much of a Linux guy but I'm now confused. On
> > my system, before doing any of this link stuff the directory
> > /usr/local/bin already exists. How can I create a link of any type at
> > location /usr/local called 'bin' when the directory already exists?
>
> Firstly /usr/local/bin/ is a directory.
> When you link a file with ln -s <sourcefile/directory> <destination-dir>
> an link with exactly the same name as the sourcefile/directory will be
> created in the destination directory.
>
> So `ln -s /usr/local/winetools/findwine /usr/local/bin` will create a link
> from /usr/local/bin/findwine to /usr/local/winetools/findwine.

Except it didn't on my FC2 system as the error message showed earlier...

And why not be explicit in the instruction anyway?

ln -s /usr/local/winetools/findwine /usr/local/bin/findwine

No problems with that one. I think the command was too cleaver by half...