[Wine]WineTools 2.0.9 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 16:07:20 CST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:37:02 +0100, Joachim von Thadden <thadden at web.de> wrote:
> Am Fr, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:23:49 -0800 schrieb Mark Knecht:
> > On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 18:43:35 +0100, Tobias Neumann
> > <tobias.neumann at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Firstly /usr/local/bin/ is a directory.
> > > When you link a file with ln -s <sourcefile/directory> <destination-dir>
> > > an link with exactly the same name as the sourcefile/directory will be
> > > created in the destination directory.
> > >
> > > So `ln -s /usr/local/winetools/findwine /usr/local/bin` will create a link
> > > from /usr/local/bin/findwine to /usr/local/winetools/findwine.
> >
> > Except it didn't on my FC2 system as the error message showed earlier...
>
> Yes it did, but it was already there and it does not replace for your
> own safety.
>
> > And why not be explicit in the instruction anyway?
>
> I changed the Readme for you ;-)
>
> Regards
>         Joachim

Joachim,
  Right. Actually, my response was to Tobias and not to you. I
understood that you saw the problem from my perspective. It's not
clear that he understood the problem I saw as his answer was not
consistent with the results on my box.

   Thanks again for WineTools. I've not yet tried it but for the first
time I have the feeling, even as a stupid end user, that I might be
able to do with Wine 95% of what I've had to pay money up until now to
do with Codeweavers. While I was happy to pay that money it left me
limited to using Office and other apps on more than one machine. This
lets me see some light at the end of the tunnel and I know it will
only get brighter.

Cheers,
Mark