[Wine]Re: Tron 2.0 & DirectX 9.0a

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Jan 8 10:25:23 CST 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:43:21 -0800, Erik Keever wrote:
> Using wine-20041201 with all the default DLLs set to builtin, native
> except for msvcrt (native, builtin). Game absolutely refuses to load if
> winversion is set to win98, throwing up this:

How to interpret Wine output, lesson 1 ;)

> fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects

Ignore this. We're working on it but it's not essential to fix (just a
memory leak)

> fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
> for adapter 0.

ASPI is used for CD ROM drives. It's copy protection most likely.

> fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
> for adapter 0.
> fixme:aspi:SendASPI32Command ASPI: Partially implemented SC_HA_INQUIRY
> for adapter 0.

> A quick change of win98 to win2k later:

Good idea. That often changes these things.

> fixme:ole:ITypeInfo_fnRelease destroy child objects
> fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
> correctly implemented! 0x424f0000

Animated icons, who cares? Ignore it.

> fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
> 0x424f0000

Quite why that's a fixme I don't know ... we should remove that

> fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
> offset=0x424f006c

Ditto

> fixme:user:SetSystemCursor (0x126e,00007f00),stub!

Who cares? It's just a mouse cursor. Ignore it.

>  [repeat 10 more times]
> fixme:user:SetSystemCursor (0x12be,00007f02),stub!
> fixme:cdrom:CDROM_DeviceIoControl Unsupported IOCTL 2d1400 (type=2d
> access=0 func=500 meth=0)

More copy protection stuff I bet.

> fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 16 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

Of course it didn't work ...

> fixme:d3d:IWineD3DImpl_GetDeviceCaps Caps support for directx9 is
> non-existent at the moment!

Ah ha! No prizes for guessing what your problem is. "Caps" is short for
capabilities. So currently Wines DX9 code is reporting that it can't do
anything: not surprising the game doesn't work!

> This sound card's driver does not support direct access
> The (slower) DirectSound HEL mode will be used instead.

Just an advisory, ignore it.

> fixme:mmtime:timeBeginPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at
> minimum

Doubt it matters but may affect gameplay.

> fixme:dsound:IDirectSoundImpl_SetCooperativeLevel level=DSSCL_PRIORITY
> not fully supported
> fixme:mmtime:timeEndPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum

Ignore it.

> On a hunch, I tried changing it to winxp and got the same as 2k. So, is
> there anything I can do to get this program to run?

Nope. You have to wait while Jason and Christian work on Direct3D 9
support.

thanks -mike