[Wine]correctly uninstalling/reinstalling wine?

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Wed Jan 12 04:53:12 CST 2005

Am Di, Jan 11, 2005 at 05:03:08 -0800 schrieb Richard W. Knight:
> Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> >Is there somebody out there who can tell my why it is so good to compile
> >Wine yourself? There are binaries on winehq for almost every version,

OK, thanks you all for the replies. Just for the archive the collected
answers were:

- have more than one installation of wine at a time for different
  windows programs
- including special patches as the one for playing Snood ;-)
- using a special distribution with no suitable packet at winehq
- compile optimizations

The reason I asked is that WineTools is not very good in coping with
self compiled Wine if this does not create a suitable .wine directory
during first call. If I have time I will fix it by providing a default
if none is created.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"