[Wine]Using Printer

Don Flinn flinn at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 13 07:48:56 CST 2005

>Am So, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:24:09 -0500 schrieb Don Flinn:
>> How do I set up my local printer (run from FC3), to be usable by windows
>> applications under wine?  Under windows I would go Start -> Printers and
>> Fax -> Add a printer -> ...

>If you are using CUPS you don't have to do anything. Just start your
>windows application and print. Your printers are already there. You can
>not use windows printer drivers with Wine.

>Regards
>	Joachim

Thank you for your suggestions.

My printer is listed in /etc/cups/printers.conf and I can print from
programs running outside wine, so I assume cups is working ok.  I must
be missing some setup internal to wine.  I am using wine 20041201.  The
programs I'm trying to run under wine say that no printer is installed
and when I go to the printer setup in, for example quickbooks, it tells
me to go to windows and install the printer.  I checked some other
programs running under wine and I can't print from them also.

Don