[Wine]Using Printer

Don Flinn flinn at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 13 15:05:04 CST 2005

>> >If you are using CUPS you don't have to do anything. Just start your
>> >windows application and print. Your printers are already there. You can
>> >not use windows printer drivers with Wine.
>>
>> >Regards
>> >	Joachim
>>

>> Thank you for your suggestions.
>>
>> My printer is listed in /etc/cups/printers.conf and I can print from
>> programs running outside wine, so I assume cups is working ok.  I must
>> be missing some setup internal to wine.  I am using wine 20041201.  The
>> programs I'm trying to run under wine say that no printer is installed
>> and when I go to the printer setup in, for example quickbooks, it tells
>> me to go to windows and install the printer.  I checked some other
>> programs running under wine and I can't print from them also.
>
>IN the config the region [spooler] must be commented out with ; in front
>of each line.
>
>Regards
>	Joachim

Joachim

The spooler section of my wine config is as below. This is untouched
from the 20041201 source tree and as you can see not commented out.  I
suspect that LPT1 should have a different incantation.  Could you give
the command to me, if that's the problem?

[spooler]
"FILE:" = "tmp.ps"
"LPT1:" = "|lpr"
"LPT2:" = "|gs -sDEVICE=bj200 -sOutputFile=/tmp/fred -q -"
"LPT3:" = "/dev/lp3"

(Bill, I haven't tried standing on a chair and reciting poetry - yet :-)

Don