[Wine]Looking for some guidance on an issue

Kevin Peuhkurinen kevin.peuhkurinen at HEPCOE.com
Fri Jan 14 09:17:07 CST 2005

Hey all.  I'm looking for some advice on how best to continue
troubleshooting an app.   I'm running FC3 with Wine 20041201 and I set
up the config using Winetool.   I've got a bunch of apps running with no
problems, including IE6 and Office 2000.   However, I'm  having a lot of
trouble with one particular app, which I really need; the RSA ACE Server
5.2 Remote Admin console.   It wouldn't install properly, so I copied
the files, registry entries and DLLs over from a Win98 install of it and
now it launches fine.    I'm even able to authenticate to the server,
but immediately get an error about not being able to connect to the
database.

The only errors that I see in the trace are:

err:module:import_dll No implementation for WSOCK32.dll.1140 imported
from L"C:\\windows\\system\\libnspr21.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:module:import_dll No implementation for WSOCK32.dll.1141 imported
from L"C:\\windows\\system\\libnspr21.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:module:import_dll No implementation for WSOCK32.dll.1142 imported
from L"C:\\windows\\system\\libnspr21.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef

Also, if I debug with warn+all, I see the following just before I get
the error:

warn:file:wine_nt_to_unix_file_name L"WSOCK32.DLL" not found in
/home/kevipe/.wine/dosdevices/c:/ace/prog/progui
warn:file:wine_nt_to_unix_file_name L"WSOCK32.DLL" not found in
/home/kevipe/.wine/dosdevices/c:/ace/prog/progui

I tried running with
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="comctl32,commctrl,wsock32,ws2_32,mswsock=n" and
various combinations thereof, but whenever I do so, I don't even get as
far as being able to authenticate.

Any ideas?

Thanks!