[Wine]Getting Powball to work

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Mon Jan 17 04:55:20 CST 2005

Am Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 07:52:47PM -0800 schrieb Erik Keever:
> Powball gives every indication of starting up correctly and all, but
> there's a problem... Before it'll start, it wants to be fed a keystroke.
> Typing at the console has no effect, nor does typing with the focus on
> it's window.

I got it working very easily. From my config:

; PowBallDX
[AppDefaults\\PowBallDX.exe\\x11drv]
"Desktop" = "640x480"
"Managed" = "Y"
"PerfectGraphics" = "Y"

[AppDefaults\\PowBallDX.exe\\DllOverrides]
"ddraw" = ""

Donwloaded from
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ant-man/download/powball.exe. I did not
have to enter keystokes. Just point with the mouse into the window and
start!

One question: Is it normal that the program has only this very limited
screen resolution (less than 640x480)? A little bit small for todays
monitors.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"