[Wine]Re: Vegas Video 4 installer - debian specific ?

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Wed Jan 19 08:00:19 CST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:16:25 +0100, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

> > The program crashes
> > on the calculation of the Performance Counter Frequency. Your program
> > expects some minimum value, and Wine ... hmm.
> >
> > Can you try the attached (rough) patch?
>
> Wonderful !
> But how did you find that ? I know nothing to Windows or Wine, but
> looking at the backtrace and in CVS I had the impression the problem
> occured purely in application code.

First I did a trace with WINEDEBUG=+relay,+seh. I noticed that the last
call before the crash was to QueryPerformanceFrequency. Further the
location of the crash was only a few dozen bytes from the call to this
function, which made it definitely suspect. Disassembling those bytes
showed that the program is expecting something bigger then 1 MHz, while
wine returns the cpu clock in kHz. If you have a clock less then 1 GHz,
then there is a problem.

> Now Vegas installs itself and runs quite well, except the menus can be
> used only once (after that they disappear) and the video preview doesn't
> work (DrawDibDraw problem ?), which limits its usefulness.

No idea about this one.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes