[Wine]WineTools RPM

rada and gus rada_anr at sancharnet.in
Sun Jan 23 10:44:24 CST 2005

Dear Joachim,

Thank you for all your work and efforts on WineTools, especially the new
rpm package.  I downloaded it, downoladed a Suse rpm for Xdialog (for
Suse 9.0 - I'm using Suse 9.1 but it works) glib-devel and gtk-devel
rpms needed by Xdialog, and WineTools worked great.  I then did the base
setup which ran quite smoothly.  IE6 failed to install six times until I
tried letting it run for 20 minutes while I was online.  It took that
long to start, but it then completed the full download (must be a slow
server) and installation.  I installed some true type fonts and now many
windows programs run great!  I don't use the MS programs much, but on
certain occasions I have to use some like MSoffice to see how the
openoffice files which I save as .doc files will actually look when
opened by colleagues.  Office 97 is running great!  I had donwloaded
the evaluation version of Crossover Office, but I like WT much better
since don't loose the wine command line as I have been using for
years. Thanks again and keep up the great work!  Gustav Degreef.