[Wine]help with borland error

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 22 18:23:10 CST 2005

I need to use wine to make use of a program called dbgator which is a data
extractor for the National Longitudinal survey of youth (NLSY79) (has
anyone doen this before?)

The program installed successfully but every time I launch it it gives the
following message:
"An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $251E)

I have done some googling and I added the line below to the system.reg but
It di not help

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\SYSTEM\INIT]
"SHAREDMEMLOCATION"="9000"
"LOCAL SHARE"="FALSE"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The program can be downloaded from

http://www.nlsinfo.org/dbgator/index.php3

please give it a try and see if it works on your system.

I am running a debian 2.6.8 machine

XFree86 Version 4.3.0.1

gcc version 3.3.5

Jean,