[Wine]Re: Winetools is terrific

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 23 20:14:04 CST 2005

John McKee wrote:
> Mike Hearn wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:14:02 -0600, John McKee wrote:
>>
>>>Unhandled exception: unimplemented function
>>>rasapi32.dll.RnaValidateEntryName called in 32-bit code (0x42b63053).
>>
>>Wine doesn't support the dialup API, sorry. You cannot make an internet
>>dialer like CompuServe or AOL work at present using Wine.
>>

> During setup, I am asked if I want an express setup, or a custom setup.  I
>
> have always chosen custom.  Then, when asked whether dialup should be used
> or an existing network connection should be used, I request existing
> network connection.  I never allowed CompuServe to use it's own dialer.
>
> In loading dlls, I never used rasapi32.  I would have had to download
> that.
>
> Could something be different in how wine is dealing with this between
> versions?  Last version that i had did not have an issue with this dll.
> That
> version was 20040615.  I am currently at 20041019.
>
> John McKee

It is certainly possible and even probable that this is a regression. If you are
able to do regression testing then it should (might) be fairly easy to find the
patch that broke this.

The way to do regression testing is outlined here.

http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/x1314

--

Tony Lambregts