[Wine]DNS problem

Brian Duke bpduke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:01:39 CST 2005

I am having trouble getting programs to resolve DNS names under Wine.
If I use an IP address, the programs work fine, but if I use a DNS
name, they just hang on the lookup. I have tried adding NameServer,
Domain, and other entries to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\MSTCP in
regedit, but that does not seem to help. I am using the latest Wine
rpm on RedHat 7.3. My RedHat machine is connected directly to the
Internet via cablemodem (no routers). I have tried opening up my
firewall (briefly) to see if that was an issue. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian