[Wine]ole problem on chess game.

John Wildberger wildberger at cogeco.ca
Sat Jan 29 17:02:48 CST 2005

On Saturday 29 January 2005 09:40 am, Eric Bouyoux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed wine and tried to run a chess game (WJChess which is a
> freeware).
> The game starts, I can access the game menus, the computer starts to
> play, when I click on a chess "piece" (I don't know the english word),
> it becomes red BUT I can't move it and I get the following message :
>
> fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_get_hPal (0x403bea30)->(0x4069f708): stub
> fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_get_hPal (0x403aef70)->(0x4069f690): stub
> fixme:ole:OleLoadPictureEx
> (0x4160edb4,914,1,{00020400-0000-0000-c000-000000000046},x=0,y=0,f=0,0x4069
>f71c), partially implemented.
>
> Do you have any idea to fix the problem.
>
> Regards.
>
> Eric Bouyoux.
I have installed a chess client called CClient and use it with wine. Works
great. Here is how I installed it:
Downloaded it into my Win XP system and installed it there.
When everything was working I booted into Mandrake10 where I previously had
wine installed. I mounted the WinXP in /mnt/drivec as user root. Then I
copied the complete CClient directory to my wine directory
~/.wine/drive_c/ProgramFile
Next I made a script called  Cclient.sh

#! /bin/sh
cd .wine/drive_c/ProgramFiles/CClient
wine Cclient.exe

I stored this in my home directory /home/john
Please note that my ProgramFile directory does not have a space in its name.
(to make my script work without any hussle).
Next I added a game called CHESS to the KDE start menu using 'manudrake' with
the command implementation   /home/john/Cclient.sh
After this I copied the menu item 'CHESS' to the desktop.
Now I can play chess  on the FICS server without any problem by just clicking
on the icon 'CHESS'
The only problem I have is with my playing skill :-)
Hope this might help you.
John