[Wine]open/save dialogs hang wine

Modestas Vainius geromanas at mailas.com
Mon Jan 31 12:40:32 CST 2005

Hello,

I was really impressed when I managed to install IE6 and Office XP with wine
2005-01-11. They are even pretty stable. However, I have a problem which
renders all ms office suite applications almost unusable (for new documents).
Open and Save dialogs (those "modern" ones) just hang
word/excel/powerpoint/whatever using them and the only way out of this is to
kill wine. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Debian unstable (i386)
wine 2005-01-11
I used wine-config-sidenet from [1] to get wine configuration right

Please CC me, because I'm not subscribed to this list. Thanks in advance.

1. http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html