[Wine]Whither Goest Wine?

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 03:19:33 CDT 2005

--- David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il> wrote:

> It seems that fewer and fewer favorite programs run
> with wine. Stuff that ran
> 100% on older builds crashes out on the newer ones
> with elan.
>
> There needs to be (more) regression testing.
> However, damage has already been
> done and propagated and needs correction simply to
> get back to the previous
> level of operability.

There was a somwhat big conversation about this just a
week or so ago on this alias.  So, many others feel
your pain (me included.)  Word on the street is that
the official v1.0 release of Wine will be out around
September; and that release should set the record
straight.  Though, I still haven't figured out how to
use the registry instead of the ole config file!

Hiji