[Wine]Problem with Scripting.FileSystemObject

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Wed Jul 6 05:42:53 CDT 2005

Am Mi, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:29:52 +0200 schrieb Salvador Mainé:
> I'm trying to make run a windows application with wine. It has been made with visual foxpro (I don't know if this information is useful, but just in case...).
>
> The application uses the class Scripting.FileSystemObject included in scrrun.dll
>
> The application starts properly, but at one point it shows a message stating that it cannot find the Scripting.FileSystemObject class, and stops (note that it is a message from the application, not from wine, so it's the application itself who cannot find it).
>
> I have copied the scrrun.dll file inside the wine system32 dir and included the registry information found in a normal XP system, but it still doesn't work.

1. Never use XP DLLs. They are very likely to fail. Use the ones from
   Windows 98.

2. Copy them to the system directory.

3. If you use the WineTools setup you have a suitable scrrun.dll
   installed after the base setup.

   The Registry for this setup states:

   @="C:\\windows\\system\\scrrun.dll"
   "ThreadingModel"="Apartment"