[Wine]june 2005 release and 'registry' ?

Peter Birch plbirch at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 9 22:20:35 CDT 2005

Thanks... I don't mind change but I prefer it to be forward.  In my
opinion only: wine is not a windows application so that it needs to use
the registry and the registry sucks as far as maintainability. My
.wine/config had 232 lines and most of them were comments, things were
well organized and easy to find.  If I export my registry via regedit I
have over 6000 lines with NO comments and this is with NO MS-Windows
applications installed.  I have looked for my config file keys and they
just are not in the registry.  Is there a document in CVS someplace that
I can read to better inform me on these changes and what to add or
change in the registry to get wine configured how it used to be for me
(other than grepping the source code looking for every registry query
and trying to puzzle it out?)  I have looked for this document also and
not found one but hey; I can walk right by something that I am looking
for in the hardware store and not see it there either.

Thanks.
Pete