[Wine]Origin 7.5 and wine

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jul 18 02:54:13 CDT 2005

    Michal> Hello.

    Michal> I've been trying to install registered Origin 7.5 on wine, using
    Michal> both the default build for SuSE 9.3 and the newest rpm from
    Michal> sourceforge.

    Michal> The installation proceeds flawlessly, everything seems to be
    Michal> fine. The installer finds proper user/institution registration
    Michal> fields. Unfortunatelly, when I start Origin for the first time,
    Michal> the registration window pops up. All the information stored in
    Michal> this window is broken (I mean, the key, the username the
    Michal> institution). Therefore, even if I enter the proper activation
    Michal> key it is not accepted.

    Michal> I may provide screenshot if someone is interested.

    Michal> Is there any way to register Origin 7.5 (I have the licence)
    Michal> with wine? Or am I forced to use old origin 6.0 (which works
    Michal> with wine with smaller (below 2MB) worksheets without any
    Michal> issue).

A screenshot may help less then a good excerpt from relay log, showing what
orogin 7 tries to do and what wine fails to deliver.

It may help to run wine with the appropriate native dlls that deliver the
needed functionality.

However for both task some knowledge around wine and windows is needed.

For the relay log to be less mess, add e.g. in user.reg
[Software\\Wine\\debug] 1121071282
"RelayExclude"="RtlEnterCriticalSection;RtlLeaveCriticalSection;\
_EnterSysLevel;_LeaveSysLevel;_CheckNotSysLevel;gdi32.*;winex11.drv.*;ntdll.*"

To see what dlls are loaded, tru WINEDEBUG=+loaddll

Hope this helps a little
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de