[Wine]Can't run most apps after updating to Mandriva 2005 LE

Joe Baker joebaker at dcresearch.com
Tue Jul 19 08:19:24 CDT 2005

José Troncoso Wrote:

    Hi all,

    I've just updated my system from Mandrake 10.1 to 10.2 (Mandriva 2005
    LE) with kernel 2.6.11-12mdk and most apps that worked before don't
    work now.

    I've tried different versions of wine, both RPM and source code, the
    one I used before (20050111), the one that is supplied with the
    distribution and the latest RPM from SourceForge.

Try booting with the older kernel.  Maybe this is one of those NTPL
"threading issues" with the kernel?

I'm grateful for you posting this.  I was planning a similar upgrade on
our Mandriva Linux terminal server.

-Joe Baker